Every Mom deserves to enjoy her special day. Why not start it out with breakfast in bed. Surprise her with a delicious stack of fluffy, chocolate pancakes. I love to bake, and I know Mom would love to sit back, relax and have someone take care of her for once. These pancakes might just be the perfect remedy. For some laughs you can ask Mom how many times she has used or heard these “Motherisms”.
· 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
· 1/3 cup eSutras organic cane sugar
· 1/3 cup Cocoa Cravings organic cocoa powder
· 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 cup milk
· 1 large egg
· 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/4 cup chopped pecans
· 4 tablespoons coconut oil
· Confectioners' sugar (optional)
· Hot fudge sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla; pour over flour mixture, whisking to combine. Fold in chocolate chunks and pecans; let batter stand until slightly thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until a water droplet sizzles; swirl to coat bottom of pan with oil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Spoon four small mounds (1 heaping tablespoon each) of batter into skillet. Cook until bubbles appear in center, 3 to 4 minutes. With a thin spatula, flip pancakes; continue cooking until set, 3 to 4 minutes more.
3. Transfer to a baking sheet; cover loosely with foil; place in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and batter in three more batches (adjust heat as necessary to avoid overbrowning).
4. Stack 4 pancakes on each plate, sprinkling each layer with confectioners' sugar, if desired. Serve immediately, drizzled with hot fudge sauce, if desired.